Followers

Friday, May 10, 2019

Trash O Rama Episode 1: I'll See You At The Drive In



(The original version of this video was posted on Jan 19, 2017. This version was posted on November 18, 2018.)

Trash O Rama is a series of video mixtapes I started making back in 2017. If you don't know what a video mixtape is, this article explains it (note: I've never seen a single second of Retard-O-Tron and I don't plan on changing that anytime soon. All the "gross out" video mixtapes have no appeal to me.). My inspirations were Joe Riley's The Hypnotic Eye and Skeleton Farm's Forbidden Transmission.

I consider this the true first episode of Trash O Rama because the earlier video mixtapes I made with that name are fucking terrible and I regret making them as bad as they were. All episodes of Trash O Rama have a theme and this one's theme was the drive-in. It's basically a compilation of drive-in intermission ads, short films and trailers for B-movies they probably would have shown at drive-ins.
during it's heyday.


Here's the original description of the mixtape:

"Each episode will have a theme: this one is the drive-in episode. Expect giant monsters, killer shrews, snack bars, drug warnings, leprechauns, drag racing and those damn delinquent teenagers with their rock n roll music and their obscene dance moves!"

No comments:

Post a Comment